Administrative clerks handle administrative work for the Purchasing, Sales, Customer Service, HR and Financial and Accounting departments. They purchase office materials and parts for machine tools and create quotes. They also confirm machine orders and handle the necessary shipping formalities. Within the HR department, they support the HR administration. At the same time, they support the Finance and Accounting departments with incoming and outgoing payments, accounts payable record-keeping and are responsible for petty cash. Their responsibilities also include the shipment of spare parts and collaborations with Marketing. English and French skills are used on a daily basis, depending on the specific department.
- Purchasing: purchasing of components
- Sales: Order processing for various customers around the world. Correspondence in German, French and English
- Marketing: Support for marketing communication / events
- Customer service: sale of spare parts, processing of service orders
- Financial and accounting: bookings of accounts payable transactions and incoming receivables
- HR department: staff administration (recruitment, etc.)
- Apprenticeship testing in last semester
Throughout the apprenticeship, you will engage in 6 working and learning situation modules (ALS) and 2 process units (PE). The grades achieved in those modules count toward the final apprenticeship test.
Those looking to complete their commercial training at EWAG should look forward to learning much about the challenging products of the high-tech industry and have a real interest not just in business affairs, but also in technology. A flair for foreign languages to help with tasks related to an industry that is export oriented (and thus inherently international) are also part of the expected profile.
- E profile: Upper tier of 3-part secondary education level 1.
- M profile: Very good grades in the upper tier of the 3-part secondary education level 1 and successful completion of the admissions process of the Berufsmaturitätsschule.
Duration of training: 3 years